I. Current PEC Registration Statistics
1. Structural status of CICO (Chemical Substance Information Communicative Organizations) formation
Substance with CICO formation among 510 PEC
Total number of joining CICO
Total number of company joining CICO
* Number of PECs having LR has been updated to 331 as of 31st October 2017
- Election of LR was not easy, because it was a burden for company to take LR's responsibility,and also companies are not sure yet whether they continue to manufacture or import the substance after grace period.
- Some of PEC substances with no members are identified as no circulation any more in the market.
2. Current PEC registration statistics
Number of Registration dossier submission
10 out 16 have been completed its registration
* Updated status until 31st October, 2017: 10 PEC substances are registered and 10 PEC registration dossiers are under review now.
II.Current New Chemical Registration Statistics
1. Number of registration
Low volume (less than 1ton/yr) registration
Change in Registration
Until June, 2017
- Approx. 2,000 low volume registration dossier have been submitted.
- Number of registration and change in registration seem to be increased.
2. Current registration status in uses
- 2,475 out of 5,900 identified use are ‘fragrance (odor agents)’ where ittakes 42% intotal.
- ‘Intermediate’ takes12%.
3.Statistics for current new chemical registration based on tonnage band
- Less than 1 ton of low volume registration takes 98% in total.
- Greater than 1000 ton of registration for 3 substances have been registered.
4. Current status of NIER’s supplementary order to submit additional test report for hazard assessment as of June 30,2017
- 1018 cases have been submitted inresponse to the NIER’s supplementary order during hazard assessment.
- 855 cases have dropped its application after being ordered to submit additional data.
5. Major issue of registration supplementation
- Major reasons for registration supplementation are lack of exposure information (detaileduse or exposure information) and incorrect identification (e.g. incorrect chemical name, incorrect chemical structure and/or CAS No.)
III. Industry's Countermeasure
- As the deadline of PEC registration is nearby, which is end of June 2018, not only the manufacturers and the importers,but also the downstream users using PEC should check registration completeness of relevant substances in advance.
- The registered new chemicals are mostly the substances having low volume (less than 100kg) and there is possibility that the registration for lessthan 100kg low volume can be changed to 'notification' according to K-REACH amendment, which will eventually reduce cost of the industry.
- It is essential to check whether a new chemical substance is included in the product manufactured, imported or purchased, and when a company registers his chemical, he makes sure to submit the accurate and detailed use,the exposure information and the substance identification information.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.