On 22 Dec. 2020, the General Administration of Customs has released an announcement on the inspection of hazardous chemicals subject to import and export.
In accordance with the requirements of Regulations on Safe Management of Hazardous Chemicals in China, China Customs will inspect the hazardous chemicals subject to import/ export as well as their packages, including the hazardous chemicals that are listed in the inventory of hazardous chemicals in China.
Enterprises must provide the following information when importing and exporting their products:
When applying for import declaration, excepting submitting the basic information, including the hazard classification, package category (excluding bulk commodities), UN Number, UN Packing Symbol, etc. The following materials shall also be provided:
- Declaration of Conformity for Enterprises Importing Hazardous Chemicals;
- In terms of products that require the addition of inhibitor or stabilizer, name and quantity of the inhibitor or stabilizer; and
- Label and SDS in Chinese (bulk commodities excepted);
Enterprises must provide the following information when applying for export declaration:
- Declaration of Conformity for Enterprises Exporting Hazardous Chemicals;
- Testing Results of Transport Packaging Performance (bulk commodities and products exempted from transport packages of dangerous goods excepted);
- Hazard classification report;
- Label and SDS (if the label and SDS is in a foreign language, then Chinese translation is required); and
- In terms of products that require the addition of inhibitor or stabilizer, name and quantity of the inhibitor or stabilizer;
CIRS warmly reminds that related enterprises must make sure that they have met the requirements on the announcement to make sure that their products can be successfully imported and exported.
If you have any needs or questions, please contact us at email@example.com