Safety Data Sheet (SDS), also called Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) in some countries, is a document to communicate the hazard info of a chemical product (including fertilizers) to downstream users and provide advice on safety precautions. Chinese SDS is often required for the customs clearance of imported fertilizers.
Format of SDSs in China
There are two national standards for SDSs in China: GB/T 16483-2008 Safety data sheet for chemical products: Content and order of sections and GB/T 17519-2013 Guidance on the compilation of safety data sheet for chemical products. They set specific format and content requirements for SDSs.
- Section 1 Identification of the substance or mixture and of the supplier;
- Section 2 Hazard identification;
- Section 3 Composition/information on ingredients;
- Section 4 First-aid measures;
- Section 5 Fire-fighting measures;
- Section 6 Accidental release measures;
- Section 7 Handling and storage;
- Section 8 Exposure controls/personal protection;
- Section 9 Physical and chemical properties;
- Section 10 Stability and reactivity;
- Section 11 Toxicological information;
- Section 12 Ecological information;
- Section 13 Disposal consideration;
- Section 14 Transport information;
- Section 15 Regulatory information;
- Section 16 Other information.
We can author and/or translate Chinese safety data sheets for imported fertilizers in compliance with national standards at a competitive price. Please contact us if you need any assistance.