The European Commission launched a public consultation on the revision of the Regulation on the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) on 20 Jan. 2022. The planned REACH revision is one of the actions announced in the Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability. The consultation will run until mid-April 2022.
The Commission is seeking views on the following parts:
- revision of the registration requirements, including increasing information requirements and establishing the obligation to register polymers;
- introduction of mixtures assessment factors;
- simplification of communication in the supply chains;
- revision of the provisions for dossier and substance evaluation;
- reform of the authorisation and restriction processes, including the extension of generic approaches to risk management and the introduction of the essential use concept; and
- the revision of the provisions for control and enforcement.
CIRS will help enterprises collect suggestions on the revision and submit them to the competent authority. If you have any suggestions, please send it to us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chemicals: Commission seeks views on revision of REACH, the EU’s chemicals legislation