We have collected the latest FAQs on ordinary cosmetics filing from the Guangzhou Administration for Market Regulation and translated them into English for your reference.
1. When one new cosmetic ingredient is used to manufacture cosmetic products, the authorization status for the ingredient is “authorization not required”. Why does that happen?
During the safety monitoring period, registrations/filings of new cosmetic ingredients must be connected to the registrants or filers via the cosmetic ingredient information platform when registrants or filers need to apply the new ingredients in their cosmetic products. However, if “authorization not required” is shown, it is possibly because related enterprises did not fill in a “1” in the “Is it a new ingredient” column.
2. What are the technical requirements when new ingredients apply for cosmetic manufacturing?
The use of new ingredients should meet the requirements of the Technical Requirements for New Cosmetics Ingredients, which include:
- the safe use of the ingredients (maximum allowable concentration in cosmetics);
- the purpose of use;
- the application scope of the ingredients;
- other restrictions and requirements; and
- warning language.
3. What should be noted in the inspection reports for products that use new ingredients?
According to Article 33 (2) of the Provisions on the Management of Cosmetic Registration and Filling Data, if a new cosmetic ingredient is still under safety monitoring, a toxicological test report for the product should be submitted.
4. Can you manufacture children’s products with new ingredients that are still under safety monitoring？
According to Article 7 of the Provisions on the Supervision and Administration of Children's Cosmetics, children's cosmetics must follow the principles of safety first, necessary efficacy only, and minimal formula. We should select cosmetic ingredients with a long history of safe use, and new ingredients that are still under the monitoring period should not be used.
5. As of June 30, 2023, what will happen to products in Guangzhou that have not yet submitted an annual report for products that were filed over a year ago?
According to the Notice on the Proposed Cancellation of the Filing of Domestic Ordinary Cosmetics that have not completed the rectification of the 2023 Annual Report from the Guangzhou Administration for Market Regulation, as of June 30, 2023, the filing of domestic ordinary cosmetics in Guangzhou that have not submitted an annual report via the registration and filing platform of the National Medical Products Administration will be canceled.
If you need any assistance or have any questions, please get in touch with us via email@example.com.