Intending to help companies have a better understanding of the food contact material compliance, CIRS held a webinar with Chemsafe to help the enterprises have a better understanding on the EU and China food contact materials regulations.
Time and Schedule
Time (Irish Time, GMT+1)
17 Nov. 2021
14:00 – 15:00
This webinar will show how the FCM area is organized in EU, starting from the main Regulations going down to Plastics.
- Food contact material regulation in the context of the Food regulation framework in Europe
- Regulation (EC) No. 1935/2004 on food contact materials
- Armonized and non-armonized regulations in Europe
- Regulation n. 10/2011 on plastic materials
- Declaration of compliance for plastics materials: requirements
This webinar will give companies valuable and up to date information on the complex regulations governing food contact materials (FCMs) in China.
Introduce what is considered a food contact material in China?
- Food contact material regulatory system in China
- Latest standards under revision
- Food contact material compliance processing in China
- Introduction of the positive list
- GB 9685 Standard for the use of additives in FCMs and articles
- GB 4806.1-2016 General safety requirements on FCM’s and articles
- The process of issuing the declaration of compliance (DoC) document
Camilla Conto, Food and Feed Consultant, Chemsafe
Camilla graduated in Medicinal Chemistry at the University of Turin. As a licensed pharmacist, she left temporary Italy to proceed with her studies in the United Kingdom. In 2019, she got a Master in Food Safety and Quality Management at the University of Greenwich (London). Her interest in the regulatory sector brought her back to Italy, where she has the chance to merge her scientific competence with the regulatory world at Chemsafe. In Chemsafe, she has been working, since 2019, in the Food/Feed Business Unit, where she deals with Novel Foods regulation, food supplements and ingredients as well as Food Contact Materials, mostly plastic materials.
Ran Liu, Senior Regulatory Consultant, CIRS Europe
Ms. Ran Liu graduated from University College Dublin with a MEngSc degree, majoring in Food Engineering. She has an extensive background in food ingredients, regulations, and process engineering. She works in CIRS Europe for more than three years, and focuses on the General Food, Health Food, and Foods for Special Medical Purpose (FSMP). She currently works in Ireland and responsible for providing food regulatory technical support for the UK and the European food and food-related companies.
Note: You will receive emails with a link one day and 15 minutes before the webinar starts. By clicking that link, you shall be able to join our webinar automatically. Please note that space is strictly limited to a maximum of 100 attendees.
On PC: Before joining a Zoom meeting on a computer, you can download the Zoom app from our Download Center. Otherwise, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join link.
On Mobile Service: Zoom mobile app downloaded from the App store or the Google Play Store
If you need further assistance about joining the webinar, please click here to Zoom Help Center.
Chemical Inspection & Regulation Service (CIRS)
Addr: 11/F., Building 1, Dongguan Hi-Tech Park, 288 Qiuyi Road, Binjiang District, Hangzhou 310052, China
TEL: +86 571 8720 6574