On 12 November, 2020, China National Center for Food Safety Risk Assessment (CFSA) issued 3 new food raw materials passing the technical review of the CFSA Expert Review Committee and now opens for public comments. The deadline for public comments is 12 December, 2020.
(1) Rumex patientia L. ×Rumex tianshanicus A. Los
Rumex patientia L. ×Rumex tianshanicus A. Los
Species: Polygonaceae Juss., Rumex acetosa L.
Edible parts: Stem and leaves
≤50 g/d (Measured on fresh products)
1. The substance shall not be consumed by infants, pregnant women and lactating women. Inapplicable population should be marked on labels and instructions.
Source: Pinaceae, Laricoideae Melchior et Werd., Larix, roots of Larix olgensis
Chemical Name: 3,5,7,3',4'-Pentahydroxyflavanone
Molecular formula: C15H12O7
Using the roots of artificially Larix olgensis as raw materials, after peeling and tearing, extraction, concentration, ethanol precipitation, supernatant concentration, extraction, reconcentration, crystallization, centrifugal separation, freeze vacuum drying, comminution, sieving and other processes.
≤ 100m g/d
Light yellow or off-white powder
1. Application scope and maximum usage: beverages (20 mg/L), fermented milk and flavored fermented milk (20 mg/kg), cocoa products, chocolate and chocolate products (70 mg/kg).
2. The substance shall not be consumed by infants, young children (under 14 years old), pregnant women and lactating women. Inapplicable population should be marked on labels and instructions.
3. Food safety indicators must meet the following requirements:
Pb/ (mg/kg): ≤0.5
As/ (mg/kg): ≤0.3
Cd/ (mg/kg): ≤0.5
Hg/ (mg/kg): ≤0.1
Total plate count / (CFU/g): ≤1000
Coliform bacteria (MPN/g): ≤3.0
Mold &Yeast /(CFU/g):≤50
Pathogenic bacteria ( Salmonella, Staphylococcus) ：0/25g
(3) Lactobacillus rhamnosus MP108
Lactobacillus rhamnosus MP108
1. Strains that can be used in infant food.
2. Food safety indicators should comply with the relevant Chinese standards.
If you have any needs or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For official info please click:CFSA Opened Public Comments for Three New Food Raw Materials