Throughout November we will present a series of webinars on Global GHS regulations. These will provide you with an overview of the latest developments in the EU, UK, US, Canada, South Korea, and other Asian jurisdictions.
These will be freely available to our clients and our regulatory network.
- November 1, EU and UK – in this webinar Dean Winder from CIRS Europe will focus on the EU and UK. He will look at the similarities and differences between the EU and UK CLP following the split of the two systems post-Brexit.
- November 8, US and Canada – Dr. Luc Séguin of Luc Séguin, Lté, will focus on the latest developments in the US and Canada. He will provide details on alignment between the two countries as well as alignment with GHS revision 7
- November 15, South Korea – Bryan Zhou of CIRS Europe will provide Korean SDS submissions case study. He will introduce Korean SDSs and SDS submissions under K-OSHA. He will also cover a case study and provide practical advice.
- November 22, Introduction to the latest Asian GHS updates – Li Xiang from CIRS Europe will provide a summary of the latest updates to GHS standards in various Asian countries. He will also provide some take-home advice.
Time: Each webinar will be hosted every Tuesday from November 1 to November 22 2022, 14:00 (GMT).
Access: Upon registration you will receive an automatic email with access to the portal. You will also receive the link before the webinar starts, by clicking that link, you will automatically join the webinar.
|Time (GMT)||Topic and Speaker||Registration|
Global GHS (EU and UK)
- Mr. Dean Winder
|Closed, watch replay|
Global GHS (US and Canada)
- Dr. Luc Séguin of Luc Séguin
|Closed, watch replay|
Global GHS (South Korea)
- Mr. Bryan Zhou
|Closed, watch replay|
Introduction to the Latest Asian GHS Updates
-Mr. Xiang Li
Dean Winder, Senior Regulatory Consultant from CIRS Europe
Dean Winder is a member of our European office based in Dublin, Ireland. He received his BSc. in Pharmaceutical Science and is currently finishing his MSc. in Organic Chemistry in the Technological University of Dublin. He combines his knowledge of the chemical industry and his research experience to provide regulatory consultancy services, specialising in the industrial chemical sector.
Dr. Luc Séguin of Luc Séguin, Expert Consultant from Luc Séguin Ltd.
Dr. Séguin, was a member of the board of directors of the ‘Ordre des chimistes du Québec’ for 5 years, then he held the position of president of this organization for 10 years. He has written several publications and lectured extensively on the evolution and application of the GHS and Material Safety Data Sheets in general. He published an article on this subject in 2009, 'Optimizing your company's GHS deployment' in the Journal of Chemical Health And Safety (JCHAS). He is also a member of the Society for Chemical Hazard Communication (SCHC), the American Industrial Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals' TM (AHMP) in the United States. He was co-chair of the OSHA-SCHC Alliance committee in April 2016. He has written a book’ chapter on the state of the GHS around the world, with a specific component for lubricant manufacturers in the United States and which is now available under the editions of CRC Press.
Bryan Zhou, Deputy General Manager of CIRS Europe
Mr. Bryan Zhou is Deputy General Manager of our European office based in Dublin, Ireland. He has been working for CIRS since 2015 after receiving his Master's degree in Chemistry from the University of Cincinnati. His extensive expertise includes EU REACH, China REACH, K-REACH, Global GHS requirements and other worldwide chemical regulation compliance knowledge. Bryan has assisted hundreds of EU companies meet regulatory compliance requirements in these regions.
Xiang Li, Business Development Manager from CIRS Europe
Mr. Li Xiang is based in our European office in Dublin, Ireland. Li obtained his B.A. in Business and Law from the Technological University Dublin (Formerly DIT). Li has been living in Europe for over 10 years, and has many years’ experience in practical law and business law in Ireland, bringing a wealth of legal expertise and great public speaking skills to our Business Development team.
Each webinar will include time at the end of the session to ask questions. If you are unable to attend the sessions live, you will be able to listen free and on-demand at a later date via our events page.
Addr: CIRS, Regus Harcourt Centre, Dublin, Ireland, D02 HW77
Tel: +353 1 477 3710 (9:00-17:30 GMT)