This webinar will explore the process for importing makeup and perfume products into the Chinese market. It will cover the journey from beginning to end, touching on some of the challenges as well as the practicalities such as labeling requirements and upcoming deadlines.
The speakers – Julie Harrington from our Dublin branch and Christopher Ketchum from the US office – will also be able to provide some practical tips and insights from a European and American perspective, the two largest cosmetics exporters globally.
- Brief overview of the process for registering
- Brief comparison between the management of general and special use cosmetics
- Case study of imported makeup and perfume products from EU and US – this will cover:
- appointment of a domestic responsible person;
- account application;
- label preparation;
- safety information of cosmetic ingredients; and
- how to report on the NMPA platform.
- At the end of the webinar, you will have the opportunity to ask the speakers your questions.
Who should attend
- finished cosmetic product manufacturers and formulators
- finished cosmetic product distributors and brands; and
- cosmetic regulatory affairs specialists.
Time: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, at:
o 14:00 (GMT+1) / 9:00 (PST) (EU perspective) or
o 19:00 (GMT+1) / 14:00 (PST) (US perspective) or
o If you are unable to attend the event live, you will be able to listen to the webinar recordings on-demand after the event.
Access: Once you have registered, you will receive confirmation and the link to join the webinar will be sent out 1 hour and 15 minutes before the webinar begins.
Julie Harrington , CIRS Europe Regulatory Consultant
Julie graduated from Trinity College Dublin with a B.Sc. (hons) degree in Medicinal Chemistry. She has also worked in the pharmaceutical industry in the area of Quality Control. She is now providing regulatory consultancy advice for China-REACH, EU-REACH, Global GHS, K-REACH, KKDIK and Cosmetic Regulations in the EU & China. She is focused on the European, Chinese, and Turkish markets with rich experience dealing with regulatory issues from domestic & overseas companies.
Christopher Ketchum , CIRS USA Regulatory Consultant
Mr. Chris Ketchum is a member of our United States office based in Washington D.C. He received his B.S. in Biology and Neuroscience from The Ohio State University and began working in the cosmetic regulatory industry shortly thereafter. Chris draws upon his diverse background of technical writing, applied sciences, and regulatory affairs to provide expert consulting services, specializing in the chemical sector.
TEL: +353 87 197 2618 (EU)
+1 703 520 1420 (US)