23 Dec 2015, CFDA (China Food and Drug Administration) updated the Inventory of Existing Cosmetic Ingredients in China (CFDA, Decree No.105, 2015). This Inventory IECIC 2015 will be the latest version to replace the IECIC 2014.
Jun 16,2015, CFDA invited public comments on the updates of Inventory of Existing Cosmetic Ingredients in China(IECIC 2014). And any opinions should be sent to the CosmeticsStandardCommittee Secretariat by email before Jun25, 2015. After half year, the final version of IECIC(2015) came into issuing.
The new inventory includes 8783 ingredients. Compared with final IECIC 2014, there are 153 revisions in total. The following table summarizes the difference between IECIC 2014 and IECIC 2015.
Number of cosmetic ingredients
Confirmed to have official approval of cosmetic product containing the ingredient.
Cancelling the repeated ingredients
Chinese name, International name, Latin name
2( indicating specific position of source)
According to standard, rule and relevant literatures
INCI inventory (2010), Flora of China, Chinese Pharmacopoeia, Tibetan Medicine Standard and Mongolian Medicine Standard
Note: 1) The English version of IECIC 2015 (final version) can be accessed here.
2) The details of revision for IECIC 2015 and comparison between the draft and the final IECIC 2015 can be accessed here
- There are still 8783 cosmetic ingredients allowed to be used in China compared with the IECIC 2014.
- It is possible to supplement the new ingredients to the IECIC as long as you can provide the supporting docs to prove the ingredient has ever been used in registered cosmetics.
- The product names of 22 additional ingredients are revised in the final IECIC 2015 compared with the draft version
- 4 revisions in the draft are canceled in final version
- 12 potentially removed ingredients are reserved in the final version